Too Faced Better Than Sex Mascara Review

In this part of the world where girls have shorter and finer eyelashes, we are forever looking for the ULTIMATE MASCARA that thickens, lengthens, volumizes and whatever more nonsense we have.

Here is my favourite (high-end) mascara which I have been using since June this year and it hadn't failed me at all, hence I like to share my review on this goodie to you all!

*drum rolls* Here I present you the mascara that claims to be ‘better than sex’.


At the start, I heard a lot of mixed reviews about this product, I was hesitant since because it's $33, pretty expensive compared to drugstore brands! Luckily around the time I was looking, a Too Faced: Totally Obsessed Kit came out (it was around June) - check on my instagram picture to see (LINK). Everything in the kit was travel size and voila, it contains a travel size of the mascara! Thanks to that, I've fell in love with it and it still is going strong!

Here'a a little idea of what my lashes are like (if you haven't read the review about lash primers, go check it out if you haven't yet!) - My lashes are short and straight. Simple as that. My bottom lashes are almost non-existent. You could probably sit next to me, look real close, and count each individual hair if you wanted to and let me tell you, it is likely won't take you very long. I’m not complaining, though. This is what I got, and I've work with it. Embrace natural beauty people ;)
Due to my short, straight lashes, I tend to go for volumizing formulas, preferably waterproof to hold my curl.


 This mascara adds lift and curl to my asian teeny weeny little lashes. It completely separate them, and really does give a voluminous look overall!  I'd have no problem at all wearing this on a night out and normally I only apply 1 coat, but sometimes I'd lash on a second for a bit of extra oomph.

Thoughts? At first, I did find the product a little hard to work with, especially with the enormous brush and the goopy formula. But as I’ve gotten to work with it more, I actually really love it. (hence became my favourite) It’s an easy option for me to pull out on days when I want my lashes to be extra voluminous in just one coat. Plus, it’s waterproof!

And did you know... this is pretty much what I have been applying on in all my instagram selfies?I've been relying on this mascara in the cold season without having the urge to deck out my falsies!

Verdict:
One or two coats adds noticeable length, volume, and curl, but a few extra coats will leave you with runway-ready, look-at-me lashes. What's better than that … well, at least for eye makeup?

Best of all, this water-resistant formula doesn't smudge once it's set and it doesn't flake. However, it goes on quite wet so it takes time to set, especially if you're applying multiple coats. A bit more time and care during application can yield impressive results that exceed those of many other so-called "volumizing" mascaras.

If you’re looking for a natural-looking mascara, this is definitely not it. I would then opt for the Innisfree one.

PROS:
  • buildable volume and length
  • curls lashes
  • water-resistant.
  • won't smudge or flake once dried

CONS:
  • takes longer than usual to dry, which increases the risk of smudging (if you don't allow sufficient drying time - all based on personal preference in my opinion)

So... Have you tried this mascara yet?
If you had, what do YOU think? :)

Have a lovely weekend :)

Love,
Melon xoxo
*this is blogged according to my own personal opinions and was purchased by myself*

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Takami Skin Peel Review

"Less perfection, more authenticity."

Tokyo Banana Original Review