December empties #02: E.L.F. Tone Adjusting Primer in Brightening Lavender Review

Love it or leave it?

Hello everyone! Happy Friday :)

Another empty product of this month, and this time it's a primer.

Do you use a primer? 

Many girls skip this process in their beauty regimen. Even I myself have only learned to use a primer a few years back, because back then when I started with BB Cream, it wasn't needed. I used the Maybelline Baby Skin Pore Eraser (drugstore) / Benefit Porefessional Primer (high-end) back then and they both really did wonders in blurring the pores that I had on my nose. It also provided a smooth canvas for the makeup, especially in the T-zone area. Of course I never stopped exploring other options for primers at similar price point. And when I found out about this one from e.l.f from Kmart, only costing about $13, I was curious to see how it works out for me, and now finally, I've used it all up thus today's review. Enjoy :)

From the e.l.f cosmetics website, the description of this product is:
Transform your face into a flawless and smooth canvas with the Mineral Infused Face Primer. Developed to combat against excess oil, flaky dryness, enlarged pores and fine lines. This clear multipurpose skin primer will prepare your skin so makeup goes on evenly for a long-lasting satin finish.

This primer comes in 3 different types, targeting different purposes:
  • Tone Adjusting Green: ideal for minimising redness and correcting blotchy skin;
  • Brightening Lavender: ideal for uneven skin tones and to brighten dull or yellow tones;
  • Radiant Glow (contains shimmer): ideal for creating a luminising effect on dark spots and uneven skin tones.
I ended up going with Brightening Lavender because I have been taking a break from VDL Lumilayer Primer, not because it has cause my face any irritation, but that I want to explore and look into other brand/s who might offer such primer like VDL, so far no luck though. Anyways, my skin was feeling dull and I thought I should get something to make my skin "awake" and look bright. So yep, that's the reason why.

Packaging: It comes in an translucent, matte, plastic bottle with a pump dispenser and a clear cap on top. The pump dispenser is great in my opinion, as this allows you to dispense just the right amount of product. It's hygienic. And as a primer, a small amount goes a long way. This lavender-hued primer goes smoothly on the face and the after-effect of it is that skin feels really silky. This reminded me of the Hourglass Veil Primer. It has a faint floral silicone scent (just like any pore primer) but fades almost immediately upon application.

Texture: Unfortunately, I didn't get to take any photos before I finish this product. But let me explain virtually, when pumped, it looked like purple-lavender moisture goop, however, it is easy to blend compared to a moisturiser because it contains silica and gives a smooth finish. After blending, the face appears smooth and shine-free and acts as a good canvas for makeup application.

Verdict: I didn't have any expectation on this product, which I was so glad I did, because after using it twice, I did not see any colour correction or any brightening effect - nope, nothing, no particular change on my face. However, my face looked smooth like a baby bottom, jokes jokes you know what I mean. I didn’t notice any dramatic reduction in my pores or fine lines, but again, I don’t have either of them in an obvious manner that I would notice any such effect. 

Would I recommend this? Unfortunately no, I wouldn't. Eventhough it is affordable and a drugstore brand, which creates a silky effect on skin like the Hourglass Veil Primer, I would highly recommend to stick with Maybelline Baby Skin Pore Eraser.

And that's a wrap-up of my second empties of this month. I shall see you all on Monday! In the meantime, enjoy your weekend :)

Love,
Melon xoxo
*this is blogged according to my own personal opinions and was purchased by myself*

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Takami Skin Peel Review

"Less perfection, more authenticity."

Tokyo Banana Original Review