Bloggers United AU Kris Kringle Swap | Christmas Edition

Nothing lifts your festive spirit more than a parcel waiting at the post office for me to pick up after a long day at work. Picked this parcel up two days ago and I was so ecstatically happy to receive my gifts because it shows that Thuy spent some time getting to know me and what I would like to receive. I'm just so grateful with my gifts!


Wait wait wait hold on a minute, *hold you horses, melon* I was so excited to start writing this post that I forgot to give you guys an introduction to what I was going to dive in today.

If you hadn't seen the post I uploaded yesterday on my instagram, click HERE.

I recently had the chance to participate in a beauty kris kringle swap via Bloggers United Australia. If you don't know, this is an Australian not-for-profit organisation that aims to connect bloggers, vloggers and social media experts.

When an invite popped into my inbox for the Kris Kringle Swap, I immediately signed up. The concept behind this event is simple: this swap is secret until the package arrived. You were given one person to send a gift to, and someone else would send you a gift in return. A short survey was sent out to all participants to complete, including what we like, any dislikes/allergies and general preferences to what we want to get. We are then matched up to a fellow beauty blogger and that is when the real fun begins!

The maximum spend price is $25 (I found this part the hardest!) to spend on gifts and as you can imagine it was a bit tricky trying to find affordable, good quality gifts. I ended up picking a mix of drugstore (lower to medium end) cosmetics and skincare products for my KK. Bear in mind we are virtually buying for a complete stranger so it was definitely challenging to pick out what to buy.
My KK, Chloe has received her gifts, click HERE to see what I got for her! And do follow her on her instagram (https://www.instagram.com/chloemartinbeauty/), she's such a lovely person and uploads amazing content on her instagram :)

The lovely Thuy from blisshub.review , a beauty blogger based in Melbourne, had me to buy for and, if I can say so myself, she did a brilliant job! Keep reading to see what she picked up.


The first thing I noticed was Lindsay Collagen Modeling Mask: Collagen - this literally reminded me of cup noodles, but instead, I can see that it's filled halfway with a fine white powder and a little spatula, I suppose to help mix and apply the mask.

I've never heard of rubber masks. When I googled it up, it basically is a sheet mask that you build for yourself, they are also known as modeling packs. Wow. This is like literally the next generation of sheet masks.

I am so excited to try this out!



On to the next item, is the lil transparent tub with the so-obvious logo lid - "The Body Shop" caught my attention - The Body Shop: Fuji Green Tea Body Scrub! This is, as the name suggests, a gel with scrubby bits in it, in a jar form. Hmmm green tea and body scrub? YAAAS. Now that summer is here and skin does get greasier, a scrub is the perfect answer to tackle this issue!

And finally.... MASKS. MY FAVOURITE STAPLE IN MY SKINCARE. *excuse the capital letters, I was merely too excited*


I was so surprised to see various masks! And first, I've never tried these before either! Score! Love to give these masks a go to see how they do! Tune in for future reviews people ;)
Masks from top to bottom from left to right:
- KLARA Reset Dragon's Blood Face Mask: oooh dragon's blood ;) how interesting!
- The Face Shop Character Mask: Pig (so cute omg!)
- The Face Shop Character Mask: Sheep (can't wait to try this too!)
- The Face Shop: Real Nature Red Ginseng Face Mask (ooh ginseng! I've never heard of this brand either)
- The Face Shop: Real Nature Calendula Face Mask (don't know what this means but I'm excited too!)

And that is it!

I am super in love with everything I received from Thuy, my Kris Kringle, and I cannot thank her enough.

Lastly, have a Merry Christmas to you all, especially to Thuy and the Bloggers United Australia team for hosting another successful event and for spreading some Christmas cheer!

Have you done a Kris Kringle swap this year? If so, what did you get?

Love,
Melon xoxo
(Come say hi to me at https://www.instagram.com/melon_yu/)

Comments

  1. Such a sweet person you are. I was worrying if they have met your expectation. Feeling relief now haha. I found that $25 limit is the hardest part as well. I've already used my KK given by another lady before taking photos of them, can't resist it ^^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. awww you're welcome! :D hehe yess! I've started using the character masks, they're soo cuteee <3 xx

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Takami Skin Peel Review

"Less perfection, more authenticity."

Tokyo Banana Original Review