Colourpop Fall: Can You Knot | the plums

Hello everyone, it has been too long! How are we all?
If you've been following me on my other social media platforms, I was and still am going through a hard time now plus working full time definitely took a toll on me, hence why I took a lil short break from blogging, but! I'm back with another review post today, enjoy :)

If you have read my previous Colourpop posts, you would know that this was my first go at ColourPop lipstick (or ColourPop anything, if you can believe it) hence I felt a post was in order for all the products I ended up splurging. Links for:
Colourpop haul
Colourpop x Kathleen Lights Collection
Colourpop x Hello Kitty Collection

And now we're finally here on the last collection of products I purchased in this first Colourpop order.

How pretty is this packaging!!!??? It comes in an open mauve purple coloured box with fan like designs layered with a gorgeous golden foil.



Behold the deepest colours of the season (fall). 
Ps. It's not fall at all in Australia, it's summerrrr. But of course, there's no rule in makeup not to, you can slay plum lippie all day long and anytime when you strive for it!

Colourpop has made each set so that you get similar colours that you can keep on repeat all throughout the season. There are three bundle options to choose from, but honestly, I don’t know how you could pick just one. But I ended up with Can You Knot (as I want to try slaying with berry hues) features the plum shades Sookie, Hutch and Notion in a mix of gloss, satin and matte finishes.


Packaging:
The set "Can You Knot" features: Hutch, Sookie and Notion
The packaging is just as good as what it holds inside.
There's a plum gloss, a satin, and a matte lippie here. The main reason why I picked this bundle up is that there's a popular shade in every finish when you shop this set. Seriously, what more could you ask for?


Love the hologram texts in the packaging!















On the bottom of the clear tubes are clear labels with the shade names.









First impression:
Despite liquid lipsticks being all the hype these days, I’ve yet to embrace them fully. Most of this comes from the fact that most liquid lipsticks are matte, and matte is (very) hard to pull off if you don’t keep your lips constantly exfoliated and moisturised. Ain't nobody got time for broken lines on their lips!

At just $6 each, Colourpop lipsticks are already a major bargain, which made the Fall Edit Lip Bundles an even bigger steal at $15.

Hutch - a satin deep blackened violet
Notion - a rich red violet matte
Sookie - a rich plum creme gloss





Colourpop's lippies are always packaged with a clear tube,
showing the product's shade


In the picture, they almost look exactly alike but they are definitely different as one is a satin, one's a gloss and one's a matte. Notion has a very liquidy consistency while Sookie is a stunning, semi-opaque creme gloss that isn't too sticky. Anddd Hutch is my jam!







Swatches:
From left to right: hutch, notion, sookie
Applied with a doe-foot applicator, the product’s formula goes on smoothly and dries very quickly. I found that the ultra matte formula dry to a true matte finish, while the ultra satin formula has a more velvet finish and the glossy formula has a very moisturising finish to it.










Swatches on hands - that moment of regret when removing, shouldn't have swatched such a big chunk on my arm, all for you guys ;)
















Here are the lip swatches!








Verdict:
I cannot emphasized that this was a bargain buy at $15, the liquid lipsticks are extremely pigmented and give an intense, full lip that refuses to budge no matter what you do (drinking and eating included, think A.M. coffee, lunch and beyond). The only downfall to it though is that I had to use a combination of makeup wipes and oil-based remover to remove the product at the end of the day. Originally it seemed to me like a pain, but when I think about it, I’m actually willing to deal with a little inconvenience for a lip product that is truly long-wearing.

One handy advice for y'all: although the liquid lipsticks were easy to apply, I would highly advise that you prep your lips beforehand. The formula can be drying (especially the Ultra Matte) and will expose any lip imperfections, so it’s important to make sure that you keep your lips exfoliated and moisturized.

Overall, I can definitely see why Colourpop is highly raved :)

So...

Three plum colours in three different finishes for only USD $15? Ummm. Yes, please.

Until next time!

Love,
Melon xoxo
*this is blogged according to my own personal opinions and was purchased by myself*

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Takami Skin Peel Review

"Less perfection, more authenticity."

Tokyo Banana Original Review