Becca x Jaclyn Hill Champagne Collection Face Palette Review

Is this worth the hype or not?

So I've heard that this product was highly raved last year, back then I was on edge whether to get it or not, then next minute, I was gifted this with other products (see here), I was seriously so shocked to receive these (in my head, was running around whispering, "Is this real life?"), and I can't be more grateful. Anyhow, so I've put this palette to test :) read on to know whether it's worth the splurge or not! ;)



First impression: The photos really do the talking here. The Becca x Jaclyn Hill Champagne Collection Face Palette comes in the most luxurious and travel-proof packaging. The gold and white casing with fun confetti detail opens to reveal five shades along with a large mirror.




It contains three shades of blush and two highlighters including the iconic Champagne Pop. With the exception of Champagne Pop, all of the shades are brand new and designed by Jaclyn herself. There are two Shimmering Skin Perfector highlighters (Champagne Pop and the new Prosecco Pop), two matte Mineral Blushes (Amaretto and Pamplemousse), and a Luminous Blush called Rosé Spritz (such a wonderful pop of shimmering colour!)


The shades are absolute perfection and the best part is they can be mixed and blended together to create even more gorgeous hues.

Packaging: this palette is stunning. The compact itself is gold with a lid inlaid in white with gold and silver accents. This is one of the most glamorous looking palettes I have ever seen. It is sleek, slim, and sexy.


Swatches & after thoughts: All the shades are warm toned and quite universally flattering which I find them to be absolutely GORGEOUS! I've tried them too on the eyes and it was stunning!

With flash

Natural Lighting


From left to right -
  • Rosé Spritz - soft peachy pink with pale gold shimmer (Luminous Blush): I have two words to describe this - rich pigmentation!!
  • Amaretto - Matte toasted almond (Mineral Blush):  slightly muted, medium-dark rosy brown with warm undertones
  • Pamplemousse - Matte warm coral pink (Mineral Blush): this has a very rich color payoff - little goes a long way and I highly recommend using a light hand with this!
  • Champagne Pop - Soft white gold with pinky peach undertones (Shimmering Skin Perfector): After trying out, I can say that this is definitely the type of highlighter where a little goes a long way and they are very pigmented, so using a light feathery brush and a lighter hand are the recipe for great results. 
  • Prosecco Pop - Medium warm gold (Shimmering Skin Perfector): has a darker and a stronger yellow tone compared to the more peach-orange of Champagne Pop

Final verdict: Overall I love the face palette. It’s like nothing I currently have in my makeup collection. The palette is more versatile as it contains such a wide range of shades in one palette. And the beauty of this palette is the ability to blend the shades together to customise your own custom shades. I didn't show the highlighters layered with the blushes on this post (I will update on my instagram page later) but let me tell you first, they create even more amazing combinations.
And as I mentioned earlier, this is stored in a handy travel proof packaging which you can just go away with this to do your cheeks and have so many options!
Seriously, I can only see this not working for you if you are either extremely cool toned or very averse to strong glow.

Would I recommend this to you? Oh yes! Especially if you like your golds, pink-corals and prefer your highlighter to have a metallic finish (compared to a subtle highlight), then this is yours!

Overalls, the BECCA x Jaclyn Hill highlighter collaboration is one of the absolute best quality highlighters I have ever experienced. This is a stunning palette and I am in love with it. IN LOVE.
What more can I say? Go get it if you haven't yet!

Love,
Melon xoxo
*I received this product kindly as a gift. All opinions are honest and my own*

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Takami Skin Peel Review

"Less perfection, more authenticity."

Tokyo Banana Original Review