Holika Holika Egg Soap: Red Clay & Green Tea Review

Hey hey hey! Here's a short review of the Holika Holika egg soap that I got ages ago (last year to be exact!) but I never got around to publish this post T.T
If you have seen my haul from VLOG #2 (LINK), you would've spotted I got these two cuties from a shop called, Kokobie in Coventry Village, Morley.

Tried both of these out and here's my honest reviews on them, keep on reading to know more ;)

By the way, I couldn't find my pictures of these at all in my phone but I really wanted to share what I think of them, so below is a photo I found on the original website.

Pic credit to: LINK


First impression & Packaging:

The packaging of the product is adorable and as you all know, I LOVE cute things :) Hence, as soon as I saw it, I fell in love with it~~ The packaging really is just a egg carton with 2 eggs in it. The eggs are not as big as a normal chicken egg but I think they are just right to fit in your hands.

They are all handmade which I love because handmade items are always more natural and better for your skin :)

The only thing I'm concerned about it is that it's not the most hygienic cleanser out there since you touch it with your hands every day and it is also very hard to store :( I like to wrap it in glad wrap and store it in the carton.

How to apply/use?
So, this is what it says on the packaging:

"To use as a soap: Apply lukewarm water to soap and lather in palms. Apply lather to face and massage gently in circular motion. Rinse.

To use as a mask: Apply lukewarm water to soap and lather in palms. Massage into skin until it becomes a thick cream like consistency. Let sit for 5-10 minutes. Rinse."

I don't normally use it as a mask because there are better masks out there but it is very good as a soap. I usually either rub the soap in my hands with some water to produce lather or I rub it directly onto my face. I always wash off the excess soap afterwards and dry it with my towel.

Any benefits?

Each different coloured egg (total of 4 different kinds) has its own benefits and is suited to a different skin type. I think this is extremely good because not all moisturizers suit everyone and work the same.

Red Clay soap: Rejuvenates skin and has anti-aging properties, provides excellent moisturisation. Suitable for those with dry and combination skin.

Green tea soap: Moisturizes, soothes, and removes dead skin cells. Suitable for all skin types, recommended for sensitive and dull skin types.

Overalls, what I do like about the product is that eventhough it cleanses the skin very well, your skin still feels moisturised and feel baby-soft-like after washing instead of too tight and 'too clean' which happens for some cleansers I've used - they strip away the moisture on my skin making the skin feel like it has been washed by dish detergent. .. not a pleasant feeling at all.

Pros
  • worth the price
  • natural and handmade
  • cute packaging
  • 4 types to choose from with different skin types
  • light and small- easy to take around
  • gives a natural glossy look
  • decent scent - not too heavy or "chemical-like"
  • good cleansing ability
  • gentle on skin

Cons
  • Not hygienic
  • hard to store
  • can be messy

Overall Rating: 4/5
I think the product is pretty good considering the price of it and that it does a good job and cleaning my face. However, I don't think I'll repurchase it since I am still on the hunt for cleansers that will either brighten up my complexion or minimise the appearance of my pores. If any of you have good suggestions, please leave a comment below and I'll be so grateful! :D

See you all next time! In the meanwhile, take care and stay safe!

Love,
Melon xoxo
*this is blogged according to my own personal opinions and was purchased by myself*

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Takami Skin Peel Review

"Less perfection, more authenticity."

Tokyo Banana Original Review