Dr. LeWinn's Eternal Youth Day & Night Serum Review

When it comes to makeup, my mum is my complete opposite. For her, less is more and her makeup routine is extremely simple - sunscreen and her signature plum lipstick. I, on the other hand... well, I write for a beauty blog, so that pretty much says it all.

If we're planning to go out somewhere, I'll spend over an hour just doing my makeup; she can be out the door in five minutes. Although it's clear that we don't have much common makeup habit-wise, I've recently come to find that my mum and I can finally agree on one thing: sharing the love for Dr. LeWinn's Eternal Youth Range!

Two months ago, I ran out of my serum (always on the hunt for good serums - in particularly, anti-aging ones, which I find a lot of my friends ask - "aren't you too young for anti-ageing products?"

Have you ever wonder, are twenty-somethings too young for anti-aging skin treatments like serums, eye creams and facial creams? Well I do. Growing up, I've heard that 25 is the right age to start 'taking care' of your skin in order to prevent wrinkles, I'm still in my early 20s and yes, that's still young, I've always want my skin to stay that way for as long as possible, we owe it to ourselves to know what's helpful and what's not. My mum was always very adamant about me taking proper care of my skin and to apply sunscreen everyday, regardless of the season and the weather. I've started having a simple skincare regime - cleanse, toner and moisturiser since I was 13 (you can read more about this here)

In all honesty, I never thought about anti-ageing products until a year ago. Most of us don't begin to see any signs of ageing in our 20s (I haven't yet!), we may wonder why we need to make such an effort to be so meticulous about our skin. Whether we are still deep in our days of partying, working hard at our first jobs, or a combination of both, while it may not be visible, our bustling lives as young adults are already beginning to age us.
I want to prevent any signs of ageing, even premature ageing. While I may not have wrinkles now, I sure as hell want to stave them off for as long as possible.
In terms of prevention, it's best to think of anti-ageing skin care and why it's so important now. In my dictionary, I believe that the earlier you begin an anti-ageing regimen, the more you can prevent pre-mature ageing. In simpler words, it’s easier to prevent the signs of ageing than reverse it.

Anyways, enough of me rambling about anti-ageing skincare as this post is not about this, let's move on today's agenda!

So yes, I left off at the fact that I finished my serum two months ago and was in need of a new one but because I was so busy, I just didn't have the time to go out and buy one. My mum then suggested me to try this serum by Dr. LeWinn's in which she said it's really light and hydrating. I took her words for it and dayuum, I never regret joining the wagon! Read on to find out why :)

According to their website, they state the purpose of their Eternal Youth range is:
"Dr. LeWinn's Eternal Youth is a luxurious range with JuvelevenTM, a powerful hexapeptide that helps to rejuvenate skin cell performance by 10 years. Eternal Youth slows down the visible signs of ageing, leaving skin feeling and looking rejuvenated."


So....what is it? According to the packaging, it is: "A luxurious serum that is easily absorbed by the skin and suitable for most skin types. For use under Eternal Youth Day & Night Cream for increased effects. For maximum results, use the serum morning and night."

simple yet classy packaging!
First impression: If you have followed me for a while, you would know that packaging can often sway me to try or avoid a product, and I love the black and grey ombre design on this product. It looks sleek, classy and luxurious. The serum has a a light to almost no scents to it, very light and sinks into the skin super fast! This is a great quality to have because some other serums take longer time to absorb and it's handy when you're in a rush!





pumped bottle = best hygiene for a long term use
and
you can control the amount of serum you need each time!
How to use? According to their packaging, it says to apply a generous amount on face and neck in the morning and evening after cleansing and toning. Just like any other serums, that's what I did!
After application, you would not see a visible layer of film or anything that would indicate that you have applied anything. It absorbs fast, and keeps your skin moist for almost 8 to 12 hours!



A small pea sized amount is all you need! Just like the rule of thumb, a little goes a long way :)





It has a watery consistency, hence explains why the serum is easily and quickly absorbed into the skin.

















Do you notice the difference between this and the picture above? That instant hydration is lit.















Final verdict: After using it in morning and night, everyday for the past 2 months consistently, I have noticed a significant change to my skin. My once dull tired skin is no longer dead anymore, and has a more better complexion in general. Overall, I love this serum! It's super absorbent, moisturizing and hydrating! This is just what I was looking for in anti-ageing products - did you know the right anti-ageing product for young adults is to find the ones that are full of hydrating ingredients? Skin plays an important role in maintaining water inside our body, yet it's the skin itself that suffers the most from dehydration. While drinking water is essential, it is not enough. Thus we have to start pampering our skin with efficient moisturising treatment early on.

I'm just so glad that I've joined in the wagon with my mum, liking the same product may not seem like a big deal, but for my mum and I, it kind of is. We rarely ever talked about beauty topics together before, but now we have a new thing to bond over!

PS. Before I end, here's one tip I like to share with you all - in addition to looking for anything hydrating, it's also important to protect yourself from the sun's harmful UV rays. Sun can damage your skin in several ways, leading from causing wrinkles to causing cancer, so make sure if you are finding any daytime anti-ageing product, they got to have SPF in them!

Thank you for reading, I hope you have found this review meaningful and you got something away from it! Love to know what you all think :) Leave comments down below.

Until next time!

Love,
Melon xoxo

Comments

  1. Great Content
    Buy Natural Serum Youth | HYALURONIC ACID | SEMI-HEMP OIL | 30ml | Pure to 100% | ANTI-AGING, NOURISHING, REJUVENATING, MOISTURIZING | MAN WOMAN

    Regenerating 24h mix to be used in small doses on face and décolleté, gently massaging until completely absorbed. Active ingredients extracted from organically grown herbs.

    This line of natural cosmetic products has been designed to meet all the beauty and health needs of the skin of the face, body and hair, exploiting all the best synergies of active ingredients combined with the wonderful qualities of hemp seed oil. Hemp contains high amounts of essential fatty acids, rich in antioxidants (Omega-3 and Omega-6) in ideal percentages to optimal human cell growth. With soothing and rebalancing properties, it is an oil rich in vitamin Ea great help in the fight against free radicals, responsible for premature ageing, and B vitamins (in particular B1, B2, B6 ), which give strength to the skin, nails and hair. Also present is the Linalola natural terpene, which in nature is produced in many plants including mint, cinnamon, citrus and some varieties of cannabis, this is considered a sensitizing substance.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Takami Skin Peel Review

"Less perfection, more authenticity."

Tokyo Banana Original Review