Nude By Nature Voyage Brush Set Review

Hello everyone, happy Monday, I am back with another post! This time about makeup brushes (for the first time)! Sorry about the delay of this post but fret not, this week, I am here rolling out all the latest reviews of some of the products I bought/received recently.

So recently I invested on a pack of 10 pieces brushes from Nude by Nature. I have used all these brushes to try them out for the past week and here's my thoughts on them. On one note, I hope this in general helps out all the makeup beginners out there who are struggling with what brushes to use what.

Just quickly, for those of you that don’t know, Nude by Nature is a leading Australian Cosmetics brand that prides itself on its natural ingredients. It is founded in 2008 and is famous for their amazing mineral based foundations and powder products, cosmetics and brushes. All their brushes are cruelty free with synthetic bristles.

This set contains:

  • powder brush
  • angled blush brush
  • lip brush
  • buffing brush
  • concealer brush
  • liquid foundation brush
  • small eyeshadow brush
  • large eyeshadow brush
  • tapered blending brush
  • dual-ended eyeshadow brush
  • brush case

Such a pretty set right? :)

First impression:

The package box is a tin box, it allows you to keep it and store other things. Usually the boxes of these kind of products would just be cardboard box but this one is quite useful because it is a tin.












Next we have the brushes here, it is all individually in its own compartment. Some of the large brushes have a plastic cover over the head to protect the brushes.
The best part is that each of the brushes has its own space where you don’t need to put all of them together, which makes it really easy to find the brushes you need straight away. And as I mentioned earlier, this brand, "Nude By Nature" is cruelty free, good for the nature because no animal dies because of us and also good for our faces because if the animal hair is not cleanse thoroughly when manufacturing, it could spread bacteria and could ruin our faces? It deserves a (BIG) thumbs up for the environment.

The brushes look really luxury and professional, it is easy to hold and the hair on the brushes are really soft.












Description of the brushes:
The pictures below show each brush and the purpose of it. I’ve tried each and every brush over a period of two weeks, so keep reading below for a little review of each one.


















From left to right:
- powder brush: I use this as the finishing brush to dust my face with setting powder. But in general, this is like the everything brush. Nice and soft, it applies the product with a light diffusion.

- buffing brush: This brush’s head is flat, it gives you an even coverage over your face and sets your foundation, leaving your face smooth and flawless. This brush can be used with foundation on a daily basis instead of using a foundation brush. In my opinion, it is actually better than using a foundation brush because when you use foundation brush to apply foundation, it leaves strokes on the face while this buffing brush evens out and no strokes will be left behind. It's like a brush for a beauty blender. If you have ever used Real Techniques Buffing Brush to apply your liquid foundation, then you need to try this Nude by Nature one. With densely packed bristles, hence on areas that you need a little more coverage, you can tap this brush onto your face and it will seamlessly apply a little more products in the areas required.

- angled blush brush: the angle of the brush allows you to apply blush, bronzer and contour on your face. I use it mainly for bronzer and contouring. Here's a handy tip: when I use blush, I apply with the brush angled on the side and in circular motions, this applies even the most pigmented of blushes in a very natural way.

- liquid foundation brush: this brush is used to apply foundation (as the name suggests haha) and it's the more typical foundation brush. The bristles are tightly packed yet very soft. From my experiences, I don't really like/fancy using foundation brush because they leave strokes of foundation on my face. I actually used this to apply my primer. It was just perfect to apply a smooth hydrating primer base (in my case, I use Too Faced Hangover Replenishing Face Primer) under my foundation. I also used it for applying a mask on my face. On another positive note, using fingers to apply foundation are not precise because the hard-to-get-areas like nose area, fingers’ heat can sometimes rub the foundation off instead. By using this brush, it can actually give a smooth application and prevent mess like foundation on fingers and needed to wipe off with tissues etc.


From left to right:
- tapered blending brush: this brush is a round head brush, which reminds me of a crease brush. It is amazing for adding depth to double eyelids. This brush holds eyeshadow really well and blends out very well too especially harsh lines.

- large eyeshadow brush: this is designed for applying base shadow (all over the eyelid). This brush is basically a multipurpose brush for me, I use it like a crease brush because it is so easy to use with eyeshadow in any ways and blend all the harsh edges as you build up with more products.

- concealer brush: This is designed for applying your concealer with precision. I apply concealer only underneath the inner and outer corner of the eyes and then blend together, this gives you a very natural finish. As you may have picked up (if you have been following me), I have dark circles under my eyes so needing to correct, conceal and set - that’s a lot of products under the eyes and if you’re not too careful, when everything sets in the lines, they do make you look a bit creepy.
I also found that this brush is very versatile as it can be used for any types of concealers, like for examples, concealer that comes in a pot, stick concealer, liquid concealers etc. This brush allows a good control of how much concealer you want and where you want the concealer go to. It also has a semi-precise tip to conceal blemishes, pimples or spots you want to hide. This is a great brush to use rather than your fingers because, thinking hygiene-wise, dipping fingers in a concealer pot will over time, leave germs and bacteria to spread in the pot.

- small eyeshadow brush: This is used to apply small area of eyeshadow, lower lash line or a thin line because of its short and dense bristles, hence great to use for detailing. I use it to draw eyeshadow liner a lot. This brush can also be used with gel eyeliner pot as well. I also used it for a subtle contour on my nose bridge.

- lip brush: I found this really useful to apply my lipstick, but the only thing I didn't like about it is that it doesn't give a precise application around the edge, but it is easily solved by applying a lip liner first.

- dual-ended eyeshadow brush: one side is for combing your brow and the other end is for you to use when using eyebrow powder or pomade

Overall:

I really put these brushes to the test and found that they had minimal shedding, easy to wash and come out fluffy soft and ready to use once dry.

I think it is definitely a good set of brush to invest on even if you are beginners or experts, they have just the right amount of brushes you need to complete a suitable look that you need daily or for special events and functions.

If you are in the market for some brushes and love the idea of trying out a brand that is cruelty free and all natural, then I strongly urge you to give these a go.

If you are used to using your fingers and can't get your head around using a brush, here are some reasons why you should try this range:
- using a brush delivers a more even coverage and a much more smoother finish
- brushes give you more precision and more control than your fingers or a sponge can deliver; more control over your makeup means less time trying to perfect, as you've already got the right tools
- the natural oils found in our fingers can sometimes affect the performance of the product
- using fingers can spread bacteria or contaminate the product during application

Before ending this post, I would like to give you all some handy tips about makeup brushes:

- Clean makeup brushes frequently! This is because residues and dust can cause irritation and nasty things on your face, like creating pimples, clogging your pores etc! Don't risk your pretty faces by being lazy. I used to hate cleaning my brushes, but then I read some article online and I seen nasty stuffs that happened.
If you are frequent brushes users, buy a bottle of makeup brushes spray, they are really easy to use - literally just spray on brushes then it will be cleaned! The one I've been using is the Artiste Brush Cleaner .
For the not-so-frequent users (as well as frequent ones), clean them once every 2 to 3 weeks. I used to use shampoo and warm water. But ever since I found a detergent for puff and sponge makeup brush cleaner in Daiso, I'm completely obsessed using it. It makes a huge difference and I get so easily satisfied when cleaning my beauty blenders.

- If you want to use your brush as soon as possible after wash, continuously sweep the brush on a towel or tissue paper gently.

See you all in the next post soon!

Love,
Melon xoxo
(instagram.com/melon_yu)

*this is blogged according to my own personal opinions and was purchased by myself*

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Takami Skin Peel Review

"Less perfection, more authenticity."

Tokyo Banana Original Review