John Taylor - The Noosa watch review

Hello everyone :) Welcome back! It's EASTER, um say what? This year is flying WAY too quick!
I swear yesterday was just the first day of the year. And to say it's already middle of April. *still in denial*

Life has definitely been really busy for me - handling with working full time, juggling time to spend with family and friends, and basically been planning for my US trip in a couple of months time.
.
But anyhow, without further a-do, today's post is about (as suggested from the title) a super-late-but-promised review of John Taylor's "The Noosa" watch.

“Time is the most valuable thing a man can spend.”

I remembered when I was young, all the adults around me, advised me to spend time wisely. But when I think of time back then, was that it's slow and there's plenty of time to do things. My parents have always bought me watches throughout primary school to highschool - to keep track of time - when I was little, I wish time goes faster, but as I get older, I wish time slows down or even stops for a second. Then I slowly realised, even with so much technology these days, with our phones having a time on it - we get distracted by our social media notifications that we even forget why we checked our phones in the first place right?
I stopped wearing watches after high school (which was let's be honest, quite a long time ago).
And as of recently, more like from mid-last year, I started wearing watches again, as a statement watch is the best way to accessorize any outfit. My first watch I bought for myself, was Daniel Wellington Classic Black in Sheffield 36mm. And voila, the second addition to my statement watch family has gotta be "The Noosa" from John Taylor. *thank you John Taylor for sending me an amazing watch💕*

Here's little bit about John Taylor:
Established in Mandurah in Western Australia, just an hour's drive from Perth, there is a story about how the watch came to be and their website states:

"We were sitting on the beach in Australia watching the sun disappear into the ocean and realized this is the dream. The smell of the salt air, the sand between our toes, it was then things became really clear and we realized we have a passion for this kind of lifestyle. City living is also a passion, the hustle and bustle, finding time for that Monday morning expresso. With this in mind we wanted to create a brand that encompassed this coastal city living. For everyone to experience what we do on a daily basis. Come live the dream with us."

And the name, John Taylor, how did it all come together? It "was inspired by Dan’s grandfather John who served in World War II and Taylor is our daughters middle name. With this legacy it was important the brand would be quality, full of life and leave an impression on the world."

John Taylor watches are manufactured and sent from Sweden and you can buy them on their website, they are also available at a few outlets around Australia. So far, they have a total of 6 kinds of unisex watches and most come with interchangeable straps. Others are fitted with a leather strap and each watch is available in silver or rose gold. Here are some pictures of their collection (photos credit to John Taylor):
The Noosa

The Bondi


The Bells

Here's a little more about "The Noosa" watch:

- blush and rose fold strap (straps are interchangeable - you can purchase additional straps
- for $39 to change the look)
- 316L Stainless Steel Bezel
- water resistant
- swiss quartz movement
- genuine Italian leather
I was awestruck when I first laid my eyes on it. This is what you call “love at first sight”!



Packaging:
As most of you probably know that part of any watch’s purchase price is the box it comes in. The Noosa’s leather box matches the watch’s elegance. The box can sit flawlessly on your stand or act as a comfortable spot for storing your watch when travelling.


Inside the box, you’ll find a manual, warranty information, and a nice cushion for safekeeping.

The watch itself has its amazing rose gold accents. It has a white face. I chose the blush and rose gold strap. Ahhh I'm just amazed by the quality and its classic, minimal design.








Price:
The retail price, in the watch world, has its potential of being a touchy subject. Watches are made from different kinds of materials and have amazing work done inside the watch, causing them to be extremely inexpensive or very costly.
So when I say the this John Taylor, "The Noosa" is $159, I am unsure if saying this, to you, is an incredibly inexpensive price or a really expensive price.
At $159, to me, this watch is really affordable (let's say, when compared to Daniel Wellington). The Noosa is a great addition to any watch collection, or a great start to an infant watch collection.

In a nutshell, I can't exaggerate how their watches are seriously so good value. John Taylor watches also offer Afterpay and free shiping for purchases over $75. So what are you waiting for? Head straight to their website: John Taylor Watches to choose your timepiece :)

And and and! Before I wrap up, if you have been following my instagram (https://www.instagram.com/melon_yu/), I wear this watch with almost all outfits, be they when doing simple errands, or to work, or catch up with coffee and friends, the list goes on.
Here's how I've been styling them -
- night out/formal dinner
- rose gold & pink day
- browns & rose gold day
- simple day

Best of all, this watch doesn’t remind me to get to work or to check up on my digital life.
But most of all, as I mentioned at the start, in a watch, there are no social media notifications.
There isn’t an alarm notification to wake myself up in the morning either ;)

No. Instead, this watch just tells the time. No more. No less.

Just the way I want it.

Have a lovely day!

Love,
Melon xoxo

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Takami Skin Peel Review

"Less perfection, more authenticity."

Tokyo Banana Original Review