April Empties

Well well well April flew by so quickly that I can't believe tomorrow is May. The year is definitely flying so fast that it ain't minding anyone's business, I tell ya!

Last month, I did a favourites video so to switch it up, for this month, I have a short post today dedicated to the beauty products I've emptied (YAYS!), it's not much, but here goes :)

and here's a typical flatlay I do on my instagram

First up, SKINCARE.

Tony Moly Panda's Dream So Cool Eye Stick

Let me tell you, every now and then when I'm hunting down my latest and greatest korean beauty finds, I will be tempted. Not by a product that I've heard loads of amazing reviews on. Not even by a product that I necessarily need. But just by its cute packaging. It's just impossible for me to resist. Like this, it's cute. Really cute. And I must have it. Does anyone out there feels me?
The Tony Moly Panda's Dream line has been around for a little while now, and this in fact is my second purchase. But I don't think I'll purchase anymore and I'll tell you why.

So.. what is it? It's a "portable eye serum", but I'd have to say it's simply a twist-up moisturising stick for the eye area. When I first got this which was about 2 years ago, I was going through a phase of having an obsession with pampering my eye area, I noticed that as I've gotten older the skin around my eyes tends to get dry throughout the day. Having an eye stick like this to stick into my makeup bag is awesome, because I'm able to slide this on right over my concealer/foundation etc and it gives some moisture (and cooling sensation!) to my dry under eye area, and even helps smooth out any concealer that may have caked up a bit over the course of the day.

Eventhough there are some beneficial ingredients (eg like bamboo extracts acting to hydrate and nourish the skin and sea water to hydrate and cools the skin and many more) included in this eye stick, I can't say I noticed a significant difference in the health or appearance of my under eye area. While this product has many anti-aging claims, I don't find it to have any effect on the fine lines around my eyes.

This isn't going to work magic around your eye area, but if you are looking to give yourself a quick and portable moisture boost for your eye area, then I definitely recommend you to check this product out!

Innisfree Eco Safety Perfect Sunblock in SPF 50+ -

I was so happy when I finally finished this sunscreen! Unfortunately, I didn't really like it and ever since I've found my holy grail sunscreen (which is Biore UV Aqua Rich Watery Essence sunscreen in SPF50+ - let me know if you want a review!), I never reach for it anymore. And hence I stick with it so I could finish this without it collecting dust anymore!

This combines all of my needs in a sunscreen - mattifying, non-greasy and acts as a primer for my skin. However, it has a thick, white formulation and it leaves a white cast on my skin if I don't blend it in properly, and sometimes even worse when I'm in hurry, and don't realise it until later, that there's a white cast on the edge of my neck.

Elianto Crystal Bright Mineral & Pearl Cleansing Oil -

I've been using this ever since I've started using my makeup and before I found the existence of Banila Co. Cleansing Balm (you can read my full review here). And of course as asian as I am, I bought not just one, but a couple of bottles in one go. When I finished my second bottle, I found the cleansing balm, and ever since then, this last bottle of cleansing oil has been collecting dust. And as I was cleaning my storage, I decided to finish it up, because first well it's way past the expiration date (wait, is there even one haha for cleansing oil? hmm) and second is, when will I finish this last bottle if I don't haha, because let's be honest, I don't think my holy grail will ever change, unless there's some magical product that will clean all my makeup less than a minute after a long night's out.

Anyways, what I like about this cleansing oil is that it cleans amazing in one go and very hydrating! However, what I dislike about it is that it (eg my face) still feels greasy and oily after you washed the dissolved-makeup-in-oil out with water. Like it's alright in a way I guess because you're going to cleanse again using a cleanser, but with the Banila Co., you don't feel that grease. If you want to read more about my holy grail, click HERE :)

MAC Mineralize Volcanic Ash Exfoliator -

I’ve long heard the tales of this product right here. I was hesitant to buy this initially, but I gave in when I saw that it's quite affordable. You don't have to sell your arms and legs for this one! *phew*

I'm in the middle for this one - I don't particularly like or hate it, ya know my feels? Though one thing I should point out is that they (MAC) say this is suitable for all skin types, but I’d personally be hesitant to recommend this to anyone with sensitive skin. The sugar in this breaks down really quickly - so if you know sugar scrubs irritate your skin for those on the sensitive-side, then I would caution you if you're going to try this out!

Overall, I don't mind purchasing it again, but for now, I'll leave it.

Next, PRIMER.

Sofina Primavista Ange Moisture Keep Base UV SPF15 PA++  - 

If you have been following my instagram, you would have known my holy grail - which still is, the VDL Lumilayer Primer. You can read more about that HERE.
I did a full review of this Sofina primer  - link is here. And yep as you can see, that review was ages ago! Yep, it's an on and off favourite with this primer. At one stage, I was really into it. Then I stopped and returned to my VDL one. I only use this when I run out of VDL or use as an eyeshadow fixer. And voila, I have finally finished it!

Then we have BROWS.

L'Oreal Brow Artist Plumper in Light/Medium -

This is my holy grail! An affordable drugstore one too! Why is that you might ask, is that yes, I've tried a lot of brow gels - they all do the same thing, either to set your brows or to coloured it (when you have lighter or darker hair). But this right here, not just set your brows, but also is a volumising gel mascara for brows.
I'm glad to say this tube lasts longer than I expected it to be! I think I've used up this tube for almost a year?! And yep, I've purchased another one during a Priceline sale few months ago to keep it going! You will definitely see this product popping up every time on my instagram feed!

Maybelline Brow Satin Define and Fill Duo in Dark Blonde -

Unfortunately, this brow satin duo wasn't my cup of tea. And I had force myself to finish this brow product because I'd hate to throw out not-empties-products.

The pencil applies smoothly, but I do feel that the colour is a tad on the red side which means it doesn't necessarily suits everyone. So if you are very very fair, this brow product may not work for you. The powder is indeed fully matte and well, powdery, as you would expect from a powder. The sponge tip applicator is alright. It’s not my preferred way for applying an eyebrow powder as the sponge is quite big. And if you have tiny brows, or getting towards filling the tail of your brows, you have to be careful to still be precise enough.

The pencil works great for defining my eyebrows and adding some colour to sparse areas, whereas the powder works perfectly for smoothing everything down and adding definition. However, I did use a spooly to brush things through to prevent a ‘block of color’ look on my brows. And so instead of the powder, I think I’d prefer a spooly on the back, but then again, that'll defy the purpose of this duo product.

This brow product though, does live up to its claim, being that it is matte, fairly mess free and you can fill in your brows fairly easily. But this is not really how I'd like to apply my brows with. Unfortunately, no more purchase for this one!

And lastly, MAC Prep + Primer spray! I sure do leave another favourites to the last! Can't say enough how amazing this is! Mostly, affordable that is and sure does "prep and prime", hydrates the skin and seals your makeup too! For me, I use this to prep as a primer (and yes, I do also use a cream primer afterwards XD), and another spray before applying my highlighter to give that extraa intense glow!

And that is it! Wait, did I say it was going to be a short post today, oops I think I did a complete opposite of that XD

Until next time lovelies!

Love,
Melon xoxo

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Takami Skin Peel Review

"Less perfection, more authenticity."

Tokyo Banana Original Review