TONYMOLY Pikachu Mini Cover Cushion (Pokemon Edition) REVIEW

If you’re a 90’s kid and grew up with watching/playing Pokemon in your childhood years... way before the Pokemon Go took over our lives, then you know brands collaborating with them will be inevitable. And if you’re from Perth reading this right now, let me tell you, you don’t have to travel to Seoul or to Kings Park or to Elizabeth Quay ;) just to catch ’em all because Perth Fabulous Beauty will bring the Tony Moly x Pokemon Collaboration to you!



Now you can really catch 'em all and keep them in your (makeup) bag! This is a BB cushion compact with Pikachu on it and features a Pokeball as the puff. Who can resist this?!

It comes in 2 shades - #01 Skin Beige and #02 Warm Beige. Only #01 was in stock, I got it (disregarding the shade) because of its packaging, like seriously, if you have followed me for quite a while, you will know that anything cute will capture my heart and I will (with no hesitation) buy it. This was exactly the case when I saw this, mentally in my head, it was shouting to me, "You gotta get it, it's limited edition, anddddd IT'S SO CUTE."

Without further ado, let's get straight into first impression!

First impression:

side of the packaging
back of the packaging
Just like the picture, the BB compact cushion is indeed quite small, can fit in my palm (as you can see from the picture)!
Size = 9 g (TINY!)
Made in Korea
Packaging = needless to say, it's ADORABLE!
The lid that separates the cushion and puff also clicks shut tightly which I appreciate as so many other cushions don’t, so I always feel like I haven’t closed it properly.
When I dabbed on the back of my hand, I liked how cooling the BB cream is and that it is very moisturizing and leave a dewy layer. When I pressed my finger against the cushion, it is very creamy.
This cushion does have a scent which is very sweet and reminds me of gummy candy. I can’t smell it once it’s on my face but it is noticeable when you’re applying it with the puff.











Key ingredients (purpose):
- argan oil: has a great moisturising ability that leaves your skin moist
- hybrid fit powder: this is a major key ingredient in all base that makes it long lasting! It covers pores and bumps too.
- tea tree extract: has a skin-calming effect
- aloe vera leaf extract: has a skin-calming effect

Features:
- anti-wrinkle
- whitening
- cover cushion that aims for perfect, flawless skin
- long lasting
- dewy look
- very moisturising!
- UV Protection with SPF50+ (that's the max you know!)










How to use?
According to the directions on the packaging, it said "Apply an appropriate amount on a puff. Pat lightly over the face and reapply small amount."
As usual with a compact cushion, you dab the product using the puff and apply on face evenly in a dabbing motion. And re-apply on some areas that need additional cover. BUT. This puff was so cute that I was so hesitant to use it! I ended up using it *carefully* to test out the puff.
Tip: Be cautious for first-time using it, be aware that the puff can hold quite a lot so please press the puff gently and apply suitable amount. And as they all say, a little go a long way.



















Overall: 
No.1 Skin Beige indeed does run lighter for me so No. 2 Warm Beige would probably have been a better fit for me. However when I completed my makeup, including bronzing and contouring (just overall, putting some warmth back to my face), it all balanced and worked out.
On the left, I applied first on one side of the face to see how "light" the BB Cream is, and needless to say, it is VERY LIGHT, as you can see with the flash on. Damn that difference. I wish I was that light haha XD








After applying the rest of the makeup, it is definitely not a biggie anymore with the shade overall!

One general makeup (base) tip for you: If the base is too light for you, you can always do something about it! But if it's too dark, oooh, that's a hard one, in most cases, you can use as a light-medium contour.

Other than that, I like the coverage. I like the finish! I like the fact that it has sun protection in it. Really, I have no complain at all! In general though, Tony Moly is really a good brand that I would recommend to you all to try if you haven't yet!
Overall makeup look :)



Lastly, it's such a handy size that you can easily fit in a bag and use for touch-ups if needed throughout the day!

So what are you waiting for.... Are you going to catch ’em all? ;)

Love,
Melon xoxo

*this is blogged according to my own personal opinions and was purchased by myself*

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Takami Skin Peel Review

"Less perfection, more authenticity."

Tokyo Banana Original Review