VDL Lumilayer Primer Review

I have always wanted to invest myself a primer. But I've been advised greatly in the past that I don't need one as I only use concealer and BB cream, which contains "primer" in it. And the good thing about BB cream that it stays for a good 6 hours for me, thus I guess that is why I wasn't recommended any primer when I go makeup shopping. And as we all know, the purpose of a primer is to help makeup stay longer. So why need one right?

But the curiosity hits me hard when I heard of this product's existence which then probes me to try it.
So what is VDL? I for one didn't know this brand existed at all! :X VDL (Violet Dream Luminous) cosmetics was founded in 2012 by The Colour Lab of LG Household and Healthcare in Korea. They are known for their extensive range of innovative beauty products ranging from skin care to makeup. Prices are pretty reasonable too! The VDL Lumilayer Primer is one of VDL’s best selling product and apparently a must-have beauty item. Did an intensive research before buying it to discover that it is not just a primer, it also has a brightening effect, and can be use as a highlighter, and from that on, I instantly knew this product is meant for me. Like I got to try it. And I did. And I am glad to say that this has not failed me.

I have been using this primer ever since I got it last month, for night functions like parties and clubbing. What I like about is that it adds a fresh dewy look to your skin and its luminosity is only slight, making it a fabulous makeup base.

My first impression:
When I first pumped it, it looks really watery and looks really white. But when I blended it out, it gives a nice glowy effect. And when I apply on my face, it leaves my skin very moisturised.

As you see in the following collage, the difference between with and without primer (tested on my hands), the with primer makes my hand looks really glowy and just brightens up the overall effect!




















Would I buy it again? Yes!
Would I recommend it to someone else? Yes!
So what are you waiting for? ;)

Hope you enjoyed this review! Make sure you pop down to VDL store to try this out (if you have the store that is, at where you are situated) For all I know, there's no VDL store in Australia :(
I purchased mine from Absolute Beauty who is located in Perth! (as you will see later on in my future posts, that I often shop there!)
I strongly encourage and recommend you to shop here if you are too in Perth, not only because the price is the lowest in Perth amongst other competitive stores, but also because they stock a lot of Japanese, Korean, Taiwanese cosmetics, skin care products, health/body care products and snacks that you can't buy from normal shops in Perth; moreover all their products are genuine; and finally and most importantly, they provide high quality service in which you can buy it in their physical store, or you can pickup your purchased products at UWA or Curtin (if your a uni student like me!)

If your keen or interested in this, here are their contact details:
WeChat ID: Absolutebeautyperth
Facebook: LINK
Weibo: LINK

Till next time!

Love,
Velene xoxo

*this is blogged according to my own personal opinions and was purchased by myself*

Comments

  1. the primer looks great! You should try out Banila Co. primers :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ooh I have heard of that brand before... will try so in the near future! :) thanks for dropping by! xx

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Takami Skin Peel Review

"Less perfection, more authenticity."

Tokyo Banana Original Review