Urban Decay: Optical Illusion Complexion Primer Review

Happy Tuesday everyone :)

Today, I am sharing my thoughts with you all on a fairly new primer, called "Urban Decay: Optical Illusion Complexion Primer" (phew, that's long!). This was part of the latest Level 3 Mecca Beauty Loop Box and I'm so glad a sample was in there for me to try!
I love finding new primers, eventhough I already have a holy grail (which is VDL Lumilayer Primer - full review is here), and in my past experiences, I've tried a handful of primers, and none of them blew me away like VDL! So it was still really exciting and intriguing for me to experiment with a new primer out in the market! (who agrees me with this?)

First impression:
Before I start, if you've never heard of this before, Urban Decay has recently came out with three new complexion primers! These are as follows: De-Slick, Self-Adjusting & Optical Illusion! And luckily, I got a mini sample of Optical Illusion in my beauty loop box to test it out!

So what is this primer supposed to do? First, it's enriched with conditioning ingredients like argan and rose-hip oils (amazing for our skins!), this primer is supposed to smooth the skin and minimise pores. It contains optical blurring pigments as well (hence the ability to smooth out areas).

When I first pumped it, it's a bit thicker than I expected, and that scared me at first, but I found out later that, a little goes a long way! I'm able to use one full pump for my whole face. The consistency is very thick (like a paste) but it melts into the skin easily! (especially with warmth from finger tips) It has a subtle scent, not too overpowering. I was surprised that the colour comes out as baby pink, but when you blend it in to your face it doesn't have a pink tinge at all!







Final thoughts:


Wow, my skin looks airbrushed! I think the pinkish color brightens my skin up a lot. My pores are so much less visible.

However though, I must point out that it doesn't have a good staying power and for me, I have normal skin so that's fine for me. But for people with oily skin, can you imagine the outcome? Hmm I wouldn't recommend this at all. For dry skin, I would recommend this!

^So in simpler words, it is definitely one of those products that you either love it or hate it.
If you have dry skin you’ll love it, if you have oily skin, not so much.

Overall, if you want completely perfected skin - like, if you want the most Instagram/Snapcat (without the filter)-like skin - try this Optical Illusion primer by Urban Decay. It won't disappoint you! ;)

And now it's your turn. Do you use primer/s? If so, what is your favourite? :)

Love,
Melon xoxo

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Takami Skin Peel Review

"Less perfection, more authenticity."

Tokyo Banana Original Review